Bon oeuf


So, obviously a new board goes hand in hand with a trip to Cali! 
Top of my list would've been a nice traditional log but what with baggage allowances and travelling around, plus my new longboard at the start of the summer, for once I decided to be a bit practical. I've been after a shorter fun-board type thing since having a go on my friend's Nineplus Magic Carpet a few times. 
However, getting a new board on the west coast is a full kid in a candy store kind of thing, there's just sooo much good stuff out there. 
Where to start? 
I had to consider Geography, I wanted to be picking up my board early on, no point not having it for the whole trip.  So, with a bit of advice from fellow blog buddies, I gave Michel Junod a shout. Tucked away in that funky little town and with a reputation that preceeds him, he was an easy choice.
Michel was great to deal with, really friendly guy. He took some time to chin wag, gave us a tour of his workshops and seemed entertained by our vocabulary. Top chap.
It's a 6'10" single fin egg and stripey, of course.


1 comment: